UNS Core 5.0 on SANDBOX network

New UPDATE : UNS Core 5.0 :rocket:

On 2020-03-24T00:00:00Z, the new version 5.0 of UNS Core will be live!
This update is major for us since it introduces a long-awaited feature: the token economy!

On this post we will see three items:

1. :spiral_notepad: Release Note
  2. :chains: Blockchain reset
  3. :interrobang: What do I have to do if I’m a @network_player?

:spiral_notepad: Release Note

Winter is ending, but UNS Token eco is coming!

​We are happy to expose the first implementation of our uns.network token economy!

The main concept is: UNS supply is proportional to the @unikname amount.

To do that, each time a @unikname becomes Alive (see Life Cycle Status), it is considered as a mature enough network user. At this time, a certain amount of UNS are created:

• 89 UNS for UNS.Foundation. This foundation will distribute tokens to the services in need;
  • 10 UNS for the @unikname crypto-account;
  • 1 UNS for the block’s forger, fees.

From now, UNS are needed to create new @unikname, and prices are referenced here.

The only way not to pay services is to get a new @unikname in the My Unikname application or use a coupon. But for now, coupons are only available in the My Unikname application.

Key concepts

All key concepts, like badges that you already knew, are described on docs.uns.network.

We introduced two new concepts Life Cycle and Pattern.

Life Cycle

Your @unikname life cycle status determines how mature your @unikname is.
More information :point_right: http://docs.uns.network/uns-network-key-concepts/#life-cycle-status

@unikname Pattern

The second new concept is the pattern. It determines the price for @unikname creation.
More details :point_right: https://docs.uns.network/uns-network-key-concepts/#pattern-of-ids

:chains: Blockchain reset

For the launch of the economy token, we need to start from scratch. We’ll start again from block 0 ( genesis) and then restart the network.

This will result in the loss of all existing @unikname. Yes, you will be asked to redo this step.

Unfortunately, we don’t have any other solution, and this is the only way to really test this token economy. The SANDBOX is a test network and operations of this kind are possible when the need arises.

Nevertheless, all will not be lost! Indeed, the crypto-accounts will be preserved in spite of the reset! Your public/private keys and passphrases will always be correct. We will, during the week, list all active wallets to automatically distribute UNS tokens to them when 5.0.0 is launched.

This way, you will be able to directly recreate your @unikname via the CLI! Without needing to claim UNS tokens. To be more precise, we will send to every crypto account the amount required to create an @unikname of at least 5 characters.

The opportunity to change your name if you don’t like the old one? :smiley:

:interrobang: What do I have to do if I’m @network_player?

I read this message before the update :smiley:

To help us upgrading easily the SANDBOX test network, we’ll need you to stop your node before Monday (2020-03-22T23:00:00Z).

Then, wait for more infos from us. If all goes well, you should be able to raise as early as Tuesday (2020-03-23T23:00:00Z).

I’m not a delegate and I don’t have a node… What can I do? :cry:

No worry, you can join our delegates right now!
Just follow the Becoming a uns.network Player documentation to become one of us! :smile:

I’m a delegate and I didn’t read this message… What can I do? :fearful:

Launch these commands:

$ docker-compose down -v
$ docker-compose pull # Docker tag is still ‘sandbox’ despite 5.0.x
$ docker-compose up -d

And… activate your forum notifications! :wink:

Other products updates

UNS CLI 3.0.0

Use your @unikname or your unikid indifferently, by passing it as an argument instead of a flag.

For exemple, to read a UNIK, juste try : uns unik:read @bob -n sandbox

To see changes for all command, go on https://docs.uns.network/uns-use-the-network/cli.html or read the CLI release note.

Explorer

In the explorer, it is now possible to look for a UNIK page by searching with its @unikname! You juste have to precise type if it is not individual. Example : @bob if @bob type is individual, @organization:bob or @2:bob otherwise.

There others evolutions in the explorer, but go on it, and look them up. :wink:

3 Likes

Ok, I will stop my node this week-end

@network_player do it this week-end too

Finally, done :slight_smile: @network_player

Thank you, all @network_player should do this too.

:red_circle: The SANDBOX network is now switched off as planned to proceed with the 5.0 release. Thanks to all the @network_player who helped. We will now be releasing during the day, and we will keep you informed of the various advances.

2 Likes

:rotating_light: Read this message in its entirety before doing any thing

UNS CORE 5.0

Here we are @network_player! SANDBOX 5.0 is online!

You are able to relaunch your nodes. To do so, launch the usual commands:

$ docker-composes down -v
$ docker-composes pull # Docker tag is still ‘sandbox’ despite 5.0.x
$ docker-compose up -d

Nevertheless, as announced, we have performed a reset of the blockchain. Only your crypto accounts are still present (so your passphrases and addresses are still valid).

Thus, you have to create again your @unikname. No worry, we credited your crypto account during the launch, so you don’t have to ask for SUNS.

UNS CLI 3.0

Before going through the CLI to create it, you have to update it. Indeed, the UNS CLI 3.0 is online too! :slight_smile:
Install it from scratch: https://docs.uns.network/uns-network-player/#download-install-the-cli (you NEED to uninstall the previous CLI if you installed it)

You are now ready to create your @unikname and be a delegate of this new SANDBOX test network! :rocket:

If you need any help in the process, feel free to ask me! (@Florian) :smiley:

Hi !
It’s ok for me.
I tried to install v3 of the CLI on the ubuntu VM you provide, and I got this error :

ubuntu@tf-ext-forger6:~$ npm install -g @uns/cli
npm WARN deprecated request@2.88.2: request has been deprecated, see https://github.com/request/request/issues/3142
/home/ubuntu/.nvm/versions/node/v13.11.0/bin/uns -> /home/ubuntu/.nvm/versions/node/v13.11.0/lib/node_modules/@uns/cli/bin/run

bcrypto@4.3.2 install /home/ubuntu/.nvm/versions/node/v13.11.0/lib/node_modules/@uns/cli/node_modules/bcrypto
node-gyp rebuild || echo ‘Build failed.’
make: Entering directory ‘/home/ubuntu/.nvm/versions/node/v13.11.0/lib/node_modules/@uns/cli/node_modules/bcrypto/build’
CC(target) Release/obj.target/bcrypto/src/aead/aead.o
make: cc: Command not found
bcrypto.target.mk:245: recipe for target ‘Release/obj.target/bcrypto/src/aead/aead.o’ failed
make: *** [Release/obj.target/bcrypto/src/aead/aead.o] Error 127
make: Leaving directory ‘/home/ubuntu/.nvm/versions/node/v13.11.0/lib/node_modules/@uns/cli/node_modules/bcrypto/build’
gyp ERR! build error
gyp ERR! stack Error: make failed with exit code: 2
gyp ERR! stack at ChildProcess.onExit (/home/ubuntu/.nvm/versions/node/v13.11.0/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/lib/build.js:194:23)
gyp ERR! stack at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:315:20)
gyp ERR! stack at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:275:12)
gyp ERR! System Linux 4.4.0-134-generic
gyp ERR! command “/home/ubuntu/.nvm/versions/node/v13.11.0/bin/node” “/home/ubuntu/.nvm/versions/node/v13.11.0/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/bin/node-gyp.js” “rebuild”
gyp ERR! cwd /home/ubuntu/.nvm/versions/node/v13.11.0/lib/node_modules/@uns/cli/node_modules/bcrypto
gyp ERR! node -v v13.11.0
gyp ERR! node-gyp -v v5.0.7
gyp ERR! not ok
Build failed.
bstring@0.3.9 install /home/ubuntu/.nvm/versions/node/v13.11.0/lib/node_modules/@uns/cli/node_modules/bstring
node-gyp rebuild || echo ‘Build failed.’
make: Entering directory ‘/home/ubuntu/.nvm/versions/node/v13.11.0/lib/node_modules/@uns/cli/node_modules/bstring/build’
CXX(target) Release/obj.target/bstring/src/base58.o
make: g++: Command not found
bstring.target.mk:134: recipe for target ‘Release/obj.target/bstring/src/base58.o’ failed
make: *** [Release/obj.target/bstring/src/base58.o] Error 127
make: Leaving directory ‘/home/ubuntu/.nvm/versions/node/v13.11.0/lib/node_modules/@uns/cli/node_modules/bstring/build’
gyp ERR! build error
gyp ERR! stack at ChildProcess.onExit (/home/ubuntu/.nvm/versions/node/v13.11.0/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/lib/build.js:194:23)
gyp ERR! stack at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:275:12)
gyp ERR! command “/home/ubuntu/.nvm/versions/node/v13.11.0/bin/node” “/home/ubuntu/.nvm/versions/node/v13.11.0/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/bin/node-gyp.js” “rebuild”
gyp ERR! cwd /home/ubuntu/.nvm/versions/node/v13.11.0/lib/node_modules/@uns/cli/node_modules/bstring
gyp ERR! not ok
Build failed.
tiny-secp256k1@1.1.3 install /home/ubuntu/.nvm/versions/node/v13.11.0/lib/node_modules/@uns/cli/node_modules/tiny-secp256k1
npm run build || echo “secp256k1 bindings compilation fail. Pure JS implementation will be used.”
tiny-secp256k1@1.1.3 build /home/ubuntu/.nvm/versions/node/v13.11.0/lib/node_modules/@uns/cli/node_modules/tiny-secp256k1
node-gyp rebuild
make: Entering directory ‘/home/ubuntu/.nvm/versions/node/v13.11.0/lib/node_modules/@uns/cli/node_modules/tiny-secp256k1/build’
CXX(target) Release/obj.target/secp256k1/native/addon.o
make: g++: Command not found
secp256k1.target.mk:153: recipe for target ‘Release/obj.target/secp256k1/native/addon.o’ failed
make: *** [Release/obj.target/secp256k1/native/addon.o] Error 127
make: Leaving directory ‘/home/ubuntu/.nvm/versions/node/v13.11.0/lib/node_modules/@uns/cli/node_modules/tiny-secp256k1/build’
gyp ERR! build error
gyp ERR! cwd /home/ubuntu/.nvm/versions/node/v13.11.0/lib/node_modules/@uns/cli/node_modules/tiny-secp256k1
gyp ERR! not ok
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! errno 1
npm ERR! tiny-secp256k1@1.1.3 build: node-gyp rebuild
npm ERR! Exit status 1
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Failed at the tiny-secp256k1@1.1.3 build script.
npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.
npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR! /home/ubuntu/.npm/_logs/2020-03-26T16_51_57_992Z-debug.log
secp256k1 bindings compilation fail. Pure JS implementation will be used.
@uns/cli@3.0.0
added 372 packages from 294 contributors in 31.07s

However, the CLI works but without autocompletion.

Adrien

Hi @a_lasselle

Despite these error logs, the CLI is installed and fully functional :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It will a little bit slower because it will use a pure JS implementation of crypto primitives.

If you want an installation “error free”, please follow the full installation documentation of the CLI:
https://docs.uns.network/uns-use-the-network/cli/alternate-installation.html#compilation-tools

Compilation tools are missing.