UNS Core 4.2.7 on SANDBOX network

:rotating_light: Delegate requirements :rotating_light:

:one: All delegates must stop their node before Thursday 2020-03-12 08:00 UTC (09:00 Paris)
:two: You will be able to restart your node Thursday 2020-03-12 after 13:00 UTC (14:00 Paris)

Thank you to follow these steps to allow us upgrading UNS Core to the 4.2.7 release.

Why? :thinking:

As you have seen over the last few days, our testing network SANDBOX has experienced instability. After a first intervention last week with the addition of 5 relay nodes, we thought that these problems would be solved.

Unfortunately, we had a complicated week beginning with notably 3 sub-networks that co-existed at one time on uns.network.

The testing sandbox was back to “green” :grinning: yesterday thanks to all the delegates who helped and were responsive, allowing us to restore the situation as soon as possible. :pray:

However, we have decided to advance the already scheduled upgrade of UNS core with ARK’s version from a 2.6 beta to the latest stable version of their 2.6.x series. This is the 4.2.7 UNS version.

Release notes :spiral_notepad:

uns.network Core has been upgraded to the latest Ark 2.6 series, the last version of the Blockchain Framework provided by ArkEcosystem.

uns.network Core benefits from all improvements introduced in Ark v2.6.25, mainly:

• Better communication between nodes
  • Improvement of fork detection and node recovery
  • Better global stability
  • Many security fixes

If you want to read more on changes here is the ARK changelog.

Note that this upgrade might be the last one before the token economy release in few weeks! :smile:

How to upgrade your node to the latest version? :arrow_double_up:

To upgrade your node, just go to your installation folder, where you have the docker-compose.yml file.
Then, launch these commands:

$ docker-compose down -v
$ docker-compose pull
$ docker-compose up -d

After few minutes, you should be back forging and winning SUNS! :rocket:

I’m not a delegate and I don’t have a node… What can I do? :cry:

No worry, you can join our delegates right now!
Just follow the Becoming a uns.network Player documentation to become one of us! :smile:

I’m a delegate and I didn’t read this message… What can I do? :fearful:

Launch these commands:

$ docker-compose down -v
$ docker-compose pull
$ docker-compose up -d

And… activate your forum notifications! :wink:

Thank you for your reactivity, and your comprehension. This update is there to fix some stability issues and give you the best experience on uns.network.

Our testing network SANDBOX successfully upgraded at 10:00 UTC to the 4.2.7 UNS Core release! :rocket:

You can upgrade your node and relaunch it when you want. :slight_smile:
Thanks to all for your help during this process! :pray:

How to upgrade your node to the latest version? :arrow_double_up:

To upgrade your node, just go to your installation folder, where you have the docker-compose.yml file.
Then, launch these commands:

$ docker-compose down -v
$ docker-compose pull
$ docker-compose up -d

After few minutes, you should be back forging and winning SUNS! :rocket:

I’m a delegate and I didn’t read this message… What can I do? :fearful:

Launch these commands:

$ docker-compose down -v
$ docker-compose pull
$ docker-compose up -d

And… activate your forum notifications! :wink:

I’ve updated my node with core 4.2.7 (confirmed on the log after relaunch) shortly after 2 pm, but it has already forked to a different blockchain about 1 hour ago :frowning:

EDIT: Apparently the fork did solve itself, as my node got synced again without restarting it.

1 Like

That is the expected (new) behavior introduced with UNS v4.2.7 :muscle:

Thank you for reporting it!