How secure is a @unikname Universal ID?

This post provides a specific answer to the list of questions posted in General questions about the project by @louneskmt, about the original whitepaper released in Sept 2018.

:warning: Regarding the original whitepaper we’re no more using a “normal” password to secure a @unikname

@unikname are strongly secured with a passphrase on top of a private key. Our solution is based on uns.network bockchain and embedd ark.io cryptography algorithms.

For end users that means that the unikname app acts as a cryptographic wallet, himself secured with the device (smartphone) security API : pincode and fingerprint.

Technically the user do not use any password to authenticate on a website. uns.network authentication protocole combine two things :

• oAuth and OpenID Connect authentication standards, where no more password are exchanged
  • specific cryptographic algorithm to make every authentication fully private. When a user is connected to website A, authentication information are totally different from the one used when you’re connected to website B. So a hack on a website could not have any border effect to all your other website accounts.

User could have multiple @unikname to be connected on different websites, but with our solution it’s even not required because the @unikname himself is never shared.

The main objective is to be highly secure, while keeping a high level of privacy and confidentiality, with a great UX for end users.

2 Likes

Okay, so I assume this part of the whitepaper is not longer relevant ? Or I didn’t understand it well ?

I asked this question precisly because I read that.

:clap:

And thanks for all the new details about the security aspect! Very helpful in my global understanding :grin:

This part of the whitepaper is no more relevant.

1 Like