[FAQ] How to migrate from DEVNET to new SANDBOX network?

With the launch of the new uns.network SANDBOX, the old uns.network called DEVNET will be retired.

Here are the different questions you might have about the migration.

Q1 - I own crypto-accounts (legacy “wallets”) on DEVNET: are they available on SANDBOX?

Yes!

Previous “wallets” are now called “crypto accounts”, and they all already exist on SANDBOX.
Your passphrases remain the same.

You will notice the address of your crypto account will now begin with the S letter instead of the D.

To prepare the next upgrade of the network with the new token economy, the balance of all crypto accounts has been reset to 0.

You have to request new tokens SUNS from the faucet to do some operations on SANDBOX network.

Q2 - I have minted @unikname on the DEVNET: are they available on SANDBOX?

No.
As your @unikname are stored obfuscated in the Blockchain, it is impossible to restore them on SANDBOX.

You can create new UNIK tokens with the uns.network CLI and your existing crypto accounts (see above question #1).

Q3 - I’m a network player as a delegate: how to migrate my node?

Basically: delete the DEVNET instance node and install the SANDBOX one instead :slight_smile:

Detailed process:

1. Stop your current DEVNET node
  • Connect on your server (or equivalent) where the uns.network node is installed
  • Go to the folder where the uns.network node is installed (look for a file named docker-compose.yml)
  • Stop all containers and their data: [sudo] docker-compose down -v
  • Keep the session opened on the server, you’ll need it again for the next step :innocent:
  1. Logout from Docker Hub
    The uns.network Docker image is now publicly available, you don’t need anymore to be connected to the Docker Hub: [sudo] docker logout

2. Follow the new process to become a Network Player as Delegate

Q4 - I’m a simple Network Player: how to migrate my node?

Basically: delete the DEVNET instance node and install the SANDBOX one instead :slight_smile:

Detailed process:

1. Stop your current DEVNET node
  • Connect on your server (or equivalent) where the uns.network node is installed
  • Go to the folder where the uns.network node is installed (look for a file named docker-compose.yml)
  • Stop all containers and their data: [sudo] docker-compose down -v
  • Keep the session opened on the server, you’ll need it again for the next step :innocent:
  1. Logout from Docker Hub
    The uns.network Docker image is now publicly available, you don’t need anymore to be connected to the Docker Hub: [sudo] docker logout

2. Follow the new process to setting up a SANDBOX node

Q5 - I have installed my node with an unofficial method: how to migrate it?

With the “manual” migration to SANDBOX, you need update theses information in your installation.

Modification / Network DEVNET SANDBOX
Environment variable UNS_NET or NETWORK devnet sandbox
Upstream Docker image name universalnamesystem/core:devnet universalnamesystem/core:sandbox
Peer-to-peer protocol HTTP Websocket over HTTP
HTTP ports
external:internal
4102:4102
4103:4103
4002:4002
4003:4003

If you need, you can inspect a full Docker Compose file dedicated to SANDBOX.

Then, you must reset your database!

If you don’t succeed, as they are numerous ways to install the database and the Docker container, feel free describe your architecture and configuration below in this topic, we’ll help you :muscle:!

1 Like

Good doc, my node is up on SANDBOX.

1 Like